Tuesday 23 June 2009

Nestabilities flower card

I made this card tonight at the Carann Crafters Workshop. I have been to the craft group twice now and it was really nice to be able to craft with other ladies.

Every third meeting, they hold a Workshop where they teach you a technique.
Tonight, we made cards with a Flower decoration made from Nestabilities.

We had 5 scalloped circles, 2 small, 2 medium and 1 large. The 2 small and medium size were folded 8 times to make 16 segments. One valley fold was cut to the middle of the circle and the circle was refolded to make a fan.




The flower was then assembled from all the shapes and stuck to the front of the card with a lovely paper flourish and a heart tag.

I had a lovely evening and I am really pleased with the finished card, was a bit worried before I put it together that it would look scruffy.



I will probably have a go at making a rosette using the same technique for another card design I have in mind!

Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. Fab card! Thanks for stopping by my blog - yes it was my cards in Quick Cards! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x