Wednesday 7 December 2011

12 days of Whimsy - Day 4 and Day 5 Projects

Hello Everyone, I hope you had a good day. I have some more Projects tonight inspired by the 12 days of Whimsy tutorials which Nancy is holding over at Sugar Lump Studios.

On day 4, Nancy showed us how to make some gorgeous Christmas tags. I used Prima papers to cover my tag and distressed them with Tim Holts inks. The image I used is from The Graphics Fairy and I printed it quite large and cut it out before adding it to the tag. The lace was bought from a Charity shop in the summer and the buttons are from my stash. I cut the snowflake using a Spellbinders die and the satin ribbon is from The Ribbon girl. I also used one of Nancy's Yuletide sentiments on the tag. I am really pleased with how the tag turned out and will probably hang it somewhere in my Living Room this Christmas.


The project for day 5 was lots of fun to make and I got totally covered in glitter! Nancy showcased some gorgeous Sparkly snowflake cards and I made my own sparkly snowflake by heat embossing a wooden snowflake twice with sparkly silver embossing powder and then sprinkling it with chunky silver glitter while the powder was still molten.


I used another of Nancy's yuletide sentiments for the card, papers by My Mind's Eye and lace and buttons from my stash. The image is from this website. I hope you are enjoying seeing something a little bit different from me, I am really having fun learning to make all these vintage inspired gifts and it is great getting messy and trying new styles. I will be back tomorrow with the project for Day 6.
Have a great evening!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, just checked out all your recent creations hun, gorgeous all gorgeous, Love the vintage look and very pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Jane! All your projects are just beautiful! I hope you are having fun (it sure looks like you are)! thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x