Thursday 8 December 2011

12 days of Whimsy -Day 6 Project

Hello Again! As promised yesterday, I am back with my 6th day of Whimsy Project.
The tutorial was to make Yuletide tin ornaments and I have had to adapt it a bit as I didn't have any tins and I couldn't find any to buy locally either so I used some square Kraft boxes I had at home instead.
I started off with the larger box and made this painting it with Tim Holtz distress ink and adding Prima papers which I distressed and an image from this website with one of Nancy's banners. The lace and tinsel were from my stash.

I used a Snowflake die to cut the shapes above the banner and the image was edged with glossy accents which I covered in chunky glitter (I got very messy!!)

You can just see the crackle paint and lace on this photo, I also added an organza bow and button on the edge of the box to disguise the join in the lace.
I couldn't stop at just one so I also decorated a smaller box, in a similar way with My Mind's Eye papers this time and with glitter glue to edge the image and a small rose added. I painted the box with acrylic paint and distressed it with ink to age it.

The lace is much fuller and longer on this box and I had to stretch it to get it to fit around the box.
I added a bow on the front of this one. I am not sure which one is my favourite...I already have some bits gathered for the project from Day 7 and rather spookily bought some feathers yesterday and they feature in today's project so I may attempt both of them tonight.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Ooh they are so pretty Jane...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are so beautiful jane.gorgeous vintage images and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x