Sunday 19 May 2013

The Ribbon Girl May Colour Challenge - Lilac and Lavender

Hello again! I am back with my DT card for this month's colour Challenge on the Ribbon Girl blog. Our colour theme this month is 'Lilac and Lavender'. I don't have many papers in these colours but managed to dig out some very old DCWV baby papers which matched the theme perfectly. I used the adorable Pure Innocence Make a Wish and coloured her in with Promarkers and paper pieced her dress. I die cut the image into a circle and added some distress ink around the image with the die still in place to retain the white frame.


I was a bit concerned I over embellished this card but couldn't resist adding lots of gorgeous goodies from The Ribbon Girl. I used some satin ribbon to wrap around the card which I then topped with some bias binding. I popped my image on top and tucked a crystal heart stem behind it and secured it on to the side of the image with my hot glue gun. I added a spotty button and some buttons from the lilac button mixture. The larger buttons are tied with twine. 


I added lots of beautiful flowers around the image and some punched butterflies and finished with soms stick on gems. I hope you will be able to join us for this Challenge. We have lots of inspiration from the DT on the blog and a great photo to get you started.



We have two fabulous prizes for our lucky winner from Lili Of The Valley and Ribbon Girl





Enjoy the rest of your Weekend!
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect card, love how you shaded around the image and oh she is so very cute. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jane, sweet image and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a very sweet and lovely card creation, looks wonderfull,i love it!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jane. The image is so sweet and I love the papers and colour. Just beautiful.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jane, love the sweet image and pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x