Sunday 6 April 2014

My Mum's Craft Shop DT - Spring colours

Hello Everyone! It's my day for posting on the My Mum's Craft Shop blog today. Our theme this week is Spring Colours so I used papers from the Echo Park Splendid Sunshine pad as the colours are so bright and zingy and they match the theme of the Pure Innocence image I have used so perfectly!



The stamp set  I have used is 'I'm all ears' and it available here from My Mum's Craft Shop. I coloured the image with my Markers and then paper pieced her dress and ears with some papers from the pad.


I die cut the central panel using a Spellbinders die and sewed a strip of blue paper through the middle. I stamped my sentiment on to a Sentiment strip and added it to the right of my image with foam pads. I also added an eyelet and tied it with some neutral twine.



Here is a close up of my image. I am really enjoying paper piecing at the moment, it's such a fun way to add patterns to the characters dresses.


I made a little carrot embellishment as a finishing touch for my card. I made it by rolling a strip of orange card with a quilling tool and shaping it with a wooden skewer before gluing it. I then added some strips of green card inside that had been fringed with my scissors. I glittered the finished carrot with stickles glitter glue before I added it to the card.

I am entering my card into the My Favourite Things Color Pallette Challenge as I have used the colours below on my card

Print

Have a lovely Sunday!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Great card!

    I absolutely adore the little carrot! xx Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I saw your card in the MFT gallery and had to pop over for a closer look! So happy I did, this is delightful!!! Your coloring of this darling is fabulous--I just got her and I colored her last night, not nearly as well as you so I will be looking at your card today as I re-color my image--I hope you don't mind. I am super inspired by your wonderful card and that little carrot is to die for lol! Outstanding job (I hope you win!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x