Tuesday 4 September 2018

Wedding DIY flower petal confetti and cones

My Fiance and I are getting married in March next year and I have been getting crafty making lots of bits for our big day. I wanted to have biodegradable rose petal confetti for our guests to throw and having seen the prices online, I decided I could probably make my own a lot cheaper. I bought a few bunches of reduced roses from the Supermarket which were past their best and got to work. 
I dried some in the microwave, taking the roses apart and laying them on kitchen roll and covering them up and blasting them in 30 second increments until they were crisp. Mine took around 1 min 30.
I dried the rest in the Oven on a low heat at about 125 degrees on a baking tray lined with baking parchment for around 8 to 10 mins. My Dad also dried some in the airing cupboard which worked well but took a lot longer. I am storing the dried petals in a shoebox in the airing cupboard until the big day.



To display them, I have printed some 6x6 papers with our names and the date of our wedding and rolled them into a cone shape secured with double sided tape. I bought a confetti cone tray from Ebay to hold them upright in a wooden basket I bought from Homesense.


I used a mix of pink and white flowers with a few red petals added in from flowers from my Dad's garden. The confetti smells lovely and look so pretty I can't wait for my guests to use it on the Wedding day!
Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x