Thursday 28 May 2009

Elzybells Recycle blog challenge - loo roll mini-book

I made this mini scrapbook tonight for the Elzybells blog challenge. The theme this fortnight is 'Recycle' so I tried to think of what in our household we threw away a lot of all the time...I thought of all the cardboard loo roll tubes that end up in our blue bin and decided to turn them into a mini scrapbook!


I used 5 rolls. First I squashed each one flat and covered 2 with wallpaper leftovers from our weekend decorating...more recycling.... then added 2 eyelets to one end. The other 3 rolls were covered with white card and then had the eyelets added. I inked the edges of the flattened covered rolls with turquoise ink.
I made 5 tags in which I set eyelets and then embellished them with scraps of leftover organza ribbon from another project. I made up the book with rings and embellished them with more ribbon scraps.

The cover has a stamped topper paper pieced from Wallpaper and scraps of card. I die cut a scalloped circle from some card taken from a Waitrose cat food box (it was the perfect colour and fitted in the recycling scheme perfectly!)



Inside I matted and layered brown, turquoise and white paper scraps to make pages on which to place photos. The journaling can be written onto the tags. I embellished the inside of the book with more stamped and paper pieced Elzybells bears!



I trimmed one bear so it looks like he is
peeping over the page.

This challenge was great and I am amazed that I managed to create this from things we usually throw away....

Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful take on the Elzy challenge! Very cute booklet and I love those bears.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x