Wednesday 24 November 2010

A Birthday card for my lovely Hubby

It's my lovely Hubby's birthday tomorrow and I left it a bit late to make him a card and was stuck for inspiration so I decided to follow the Wild Rose Studio sketch and then part in their blog hop. I've never taken part in a blog hop before and it was lovely seeing all the new stamps in the fabulous samples made by the DT.

I used a Wild Rose studio stamp I bought at a show but have never used for my card and some of my lovely new My Mind's Eye papers.
I followed this lovely sketch by Dawny P which was used by all the members of the DT.

I really enjoyed using the bright summery colours after all the Christmassy colours I have been using on my cards. The spotty ribbon and epoxy star were from my stash and I have had them a long time.
I am also entering this card in to this week's Passion for Promarkers challenge.
The theme is old/new and the papers and stamps I have used are my brand new items, the epoxy button and ribbon are my old items.
I am slowly getting back to some sense of normality now after being out of action due to my back, I don't normally have time to take part in many Challenges so this has been a nice change for me! I am now off to link up my card
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Jane
x

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    I just love everything about this card; it's absolutely perfect for a man and I'm sure your husband will love it. Thanks for taking part in the WRS blog hop and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and happy birthday to your hubby! Mary x Hope your back is improving - we've got snow, snow, snow and its freezing ........... it was only 2 degs when we were out in the car at lunchtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeosu card Jane :-) the image is fab and the papers and colours you used are lovely :-) I am sure your hubby will love this :-)
    I am glad you liked the hop too and thanks for your lovely comments :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Wild Rose Studio hop :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jane, love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card jane.a brilliant image and i love your colours and papers.
    thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabby card Jane.. :0)..thanks for sharing it with us at PFP..hope your joining in the hop..hugs..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our special challenge and blog hop over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Jane, love the layout and colours. Happy birthday to your hubby.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wonderful card Jane. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Jane. Thanks for joining us with our special PfP challenge and blog hop, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous card with us and joining in the fun at Passion for ProMarkers.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card - great image and papers! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, and cute image. Thanks for joining us at PFP :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane
    What a fab card. This looks lovely. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our special challenge.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x