Saturday 13 November 2010

Shopping Spree for Sketch Saturday

I have been trying to be a bit more active the past couple of days and have made a gentle and gradual return to a bit of cardmaking in between rests. I had my physio appointment Friday and am all strapped up with tape. I promised myself I would make some card with some of Di's lovely images as soon as I could. I have been watching them all being added to her site over the past couple of weeks making a note of my favourites.

This 'Shopping Spree' image is so cute, I couldn't resist using her to make a card using the sketch from Sketch Saturday, I used Kraft paper recycled from a hanging file. I bought a big pile of them in a charity shop ages ago and they are a great colour and were a great find.


I cut strips from the Kraft card to follow the strips on the design. I embossed them with a Cuttlebug folder so they stood out bit more. The paper I used is from a beautiful Pink Paislee Father Christmas Stack I bought from Crafty Emma's Store. The papers in this stack have a lovely beautiful feel to them. They are all stunning colours too.


Here is a little close up of the image coloured with Promarkers. I had to cut the image out to stick over the oval shape as I didn't leave enough room around it when I was printing to cut it out...
I hope you have a great Sunday.
Jane
x

6 comments:

  1. Great card Jane and I love the way you have coloured the image. I'm not familiar with this range so I'm going to use your link and go and have a look right now!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW jane this is just sTUNNING! i love how you have used the colours and made her hat multicoloured also the brown embossed sripes this card must have taken you forever to do!
    Just fabulous i love it!
    Thankyou so much for using my image!
    i love you on my team!
    Hugs di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love this image!!! And your colouring is beautiful as ever! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - lovely image xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out just darling! I love this layout, and of course your stitching adds so much to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x