Sunday 27 February 2011

Trying something new

When I was ill and on the sofa this week , I spent most of Tuesday watching the Craft Day on QVC. I loved seeing all the upcoming trends from the States and was captivated by Tim Holtz's demos. I have several distress ink pads and a few other Tim Holtz bits and pieces which I use in my projects but have never tried the 'proper' techniques he uses.
I treated myself to the Special Value kit they had on offer and it arrived Friday. Yesterday I had a go at blending alcohol inks and stamping on the backgrounds I created and made 5 cards quite quickly.
The red card is the second card I made and the butterfly card is the last one. I will show the others another day. It was so much fun trying something new and I will definitely get my inks out again and have another play. It was also refreshing looking through my stash and seeing how I could use the bits I already have in a different way.
I am entering both of these cards into the Ginger Snaps colour Challenge which is 'Jewel colours with gold'. My Friend Petra is on the Design Team and she is the master of distress and altered art, I am always in awe of the beautiful designs she creates!
Have a good Sunday.
Jane
x

11 comments:

  1. Morning Jane. Alcohol Inks are great fun aren't they? Love your cards. Hope you are feeling better. S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane these are so pretty, the red one is my fave, I have alc inks and havent used them much for yonks, but saw his demos too and was inspired to dig them out, its nice just to sit and play. Joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ! these are soooo pretty !!! great job,
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane

    These are fantastic.

    I was really mad with myself that I missed seeing the demos on the TV.

    I hope that you are feeling much better now.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great cards, specially the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are stunning! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Jewel Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMW! Jane these are stunning, love the techniques you've used. I'm in awe of your beautiful designs hun, I would'nt know where to start.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, you've done a fab job with the alcohol inks! I've never quite mastered them (and I'm a little bit scare of them to be honest) but you make it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, sorry to read that you weren't well but it looks like you put your time to good use!!! LOL!

    LOVE what you created. Love getting inky too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red card really caught my eye at Gingersnap Creations! Both really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, love the images. Congrats on beeing a Ginger Gem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x