Saturday 29 August 2009

A mini book about Charlie and a catch up

I haven't had much time to craft this week, I made one card that I forgot to blog as I was in a rush to send it off but not much else. Despite that, it has been quite an exciting week, I received my parcel of Elzybells new release stamps, I received a parcel of lovely papers from Cardmaking and Papercraft for publishing one of my letters, I bought a bumper bargain lot of stamps from a charity shop today including an unused Stampin up set and Stampendous stamps, last but not least, I also had some very exciting crafty news that I cannot wait to share, but I will have to...at least until September!

I finally had some time to craft today and I have had a mini scrapbook in me screaming to get out for over a week so I finally was able to put it together. We had had Charlie for 2 weeks now and he is well and truly a part of the family so I wanted to make something to commemorate his first few days with us.

I cut some pages with various shapes of Nestabilities and inked the edges with a black Promarker. I covered the pages with various backing papers from a DCVW pet stack. I decorated the front with a journalling box cut from K+Co paper and made a title with Sissix letters.

Each page was punched with my Cropodile and an eyelet was set in each page. I added photos and dates to all the pages and decorated with Sizzix doggy themed shapes.
Charlie loves playing with all his toys, he spends most of his time chewing the little multicoloured cow that is in the pictures.
I love these two photos. I bought the Teddy in a charity shop and it has been one of Charlie's favourites since he arrived. He alternately likes to cuddle him, sleep on him or drag him around the floor by the leg!
Charlie is learning how to sit and fetch. He is very good at sitting as he knows he will get a treat, I sometimes think he just sits randomly on the chance he may get it right and get a treat! He loves our cat Patch but she is not as keen on him, she likes to show him who is boss and even he makes sure he keeps his distance when she is moody!
I am really pleased with how this scrapbook turned out and am looking forward to some more cardmaking this weekend, I have some new stamps that begging to be inked up :-)
This has turned into a bit of a Marathon post! I will be offering some blog candy soon as I just realised I have nearly hit my 100th Blog post. Am off now to try and retrieve a football from a tree!
Hope you have a lovely long weekend.
Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x