Friday 23 April 2010

Dragons and Dinosaurs....Happy St Georges Day and a Fabulous freebie!

It's St George's Day today and I made this card on Monday to give to a colleague. He loves to celebrate St George's day and I made him a very basic quick card at the last minute last year so I thought I would be a bit more prepared this year.

I used a dragon download from Dustin Pike. I altered it a bit added the red cross to the shield and a sentiment to the sign. I coloured him with Promarkers and decoupaged the shield to give some dimension.

I matted some DCWV boys stack paper on to red card after I had wrapped red cord around it, cut the coloured image out and added it to the card with foam pads. I tied a button on to the cord and added black gems to the corners of the card as a finishing touch.

I have lots to share today as Fridayis Freebie day on the Pollycraft Challenge blog and Paula has a gorgeous little Dinosaur digi to share this week.
I made a mini card, I think I am addicted to making these! I used some alligator glittered paper as a base and then layered up some yellow card and some blue sky paper. I inked every layer before sticking it down.
I coloured the Dinosaur with Promarkers adding glossy accents to pick out the green and his eyes. I added a lovely big red button for the balloon and a Stampin up sentiment cut out with a Nesties label. Make sure you pop over to the blog to get your own Dino stamp and check out some more DT cards!
Have a lovely Friday!
Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane
    Ah...I'm lovin the theme today!
    That Dustin Pike dragon is adorable..I downloaded him as well but haven't used him yet! Just to let you know that Dulcie from Wild Rose Studios is in Twyford tomorrow doing a demo....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x