Sunday 20 January 2013

The Ribbon Girl DT for the January Challenge - Ivory and Pink

Hello again! I am back with my DT card for this month's Ribbon Girl Challenge. We have a fabulous colour combination for you this month and a great inspiration photo to get you started. Our colour theme is Pink and Ivory, such a beautiful combination! I have used some gorgeous papers from My Mind's Eye on my card from the Sweetest thing Lavender pad. They are so beautiful and I love the soft pastel colours. I used a digital Fairy image from Some Odd Girl called the Forest Friend Fairy.


I coloured her in with my Promarkers and then added some glitter to her wings. I cut her out without leaving a border and added her to a die cut circle which I edged with some pom pom trim. I distressed the edges of all my paper layers with old paper ink and stamped a sentiment from a Paper Smooches set on a strip of paper before wrapping it with Ivory pleated ribbon and some pink zig zag lace. I decorated the card with lots of gorgeous flowers all from The Ribbon Girl Flower Shop.


Here is a close up of my coloured in image, I think she is so pretty and I love the way my colouring turned out. You can just see one of the gorgeous Chipboard butterflies I added which have been in my stash for ages. I added stick on gems and some lovely little stick on heart pearls as a finishing touch.
Here is our lovely inspiration photo and make sure you check out the Challenge blog for lots of lovely inspiration from the DT.

 
::source::


I hope you will be able to join us for this Challenge, we have some lovely prizes are usual. The prize will be a £10 voucher from the lovely ladies at Lili of the Valley


plus a £10 voucher from The Ribbon Girl


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Jane
x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ♥ Love the colours ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw the colours are so soft and pretty. gorgeous! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very beautiful. I like the soft colours and how you created the "border" around the image. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy card- looks good enough to eat! The pom pom trim really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Jane! It matches the inspiration photo so well. I love the colors and that image is so pretty. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Jane!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x