Monday 28 December 2009

Elzybells Bear door hanger

I started crafting again yesterday having taken a little break for Christmas. I made my DT projects that are due at the end of the month and then had a little time to have a play with some of my Christmas presents.

I received a lovely little package from my DT buddy at Susie's Sassy designs full of lovely blue goodies including this door hanger. On Christmas Eve I went to see my Friend and her little boy Patric had just moved into his first bedroom so I thought this door hanger would be perfect for him.
I used an Elzybells Teddy Surprise stamp to make the topper and coloured him in with Promarkers.

I used some American Crafts backing paper to cut scalloped rectangles which I added to the back and the front of the hanger. I had inked the edges of the chipboard shape with an orange promarker and then inked the edges of the blue paper with orange ink. I added Patric's name to the back of the hanger with American Crafts stickers. To finish off, I sewed little buttons on to Paperchase felt stars which I then stuck on with my new hot glue gun (such fun to use!) abd added a little ribbon.
I apologise for the quality of the photos but I got a new camera for Christmas and I still need to get used to it!
Am off out for the day now with my Friend for a bit of retail therapy. I never seem to buy anything apart from Craft goodies these days so it will be strange to spend a whole day shopping with no Craft chat!
Jane
x

4 comments:

  1. Its lovely Jane real cute
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift for Patric. Have a lovely shopping day....probably do your mojo no end of good; al the high street colours and designs to look at..lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The door hanger looks great jane, glad it was of use. Hope you have a good day shopping.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute, Jane! lovely door hanger! have a Happy New Year! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x