Tuesday 6 December 2011

12 Days of Whimsy - Day 2 and Day 3 projects

Hello again! I am back with another post to share some of the 12 days of Whimsy projects I have been making following Nancy's Wonderful tutorials. I am having so much fun taking part and can't wait to get started on the next 3, I have some catching up to do!
On the 2nd day of the 12 days of Whimsy Nancy showed us how to make some beautiful Victorian Pennants. I used images from this website to add to my pennants which were cut from music sheets mounted on card using a Spellbinders pennant die. I cut some triangles from Prima papers and sewed around the edges and added lace behind before adding them to the music sheet pennants.


I added torn and distressed scraps of music sheet to each pennant and then added the photo which was die cut with a Spellbinders die.

I added paper flowers on each pennant and lots of gems and a little glitter.

I die cut snowflakes from gridded cream note card paper and layered them each before topping with a button and covering in glitter glue.

I strung the finished pennants onto some cream organza ribbon ready to hang for Christmas.

For the 3rd day of Whimsy, Nancy showed us how to make some beautiful lace mittens. I love using my machine for sewing on cards but never use it for fabric anymore so this was a real treat!


To make the mittens, I cut some felt using the template provided by Nancy and then soaked the felt (as it was a bit bright) and some lace in tea. When I was happy with the colour, I rinsed them well and dried them with my heat gun which made the felt lovely and fluffy, just how I wanted it.
I added layers of lace to the top piece of the mitten, tacking them on with my machine and then added another image which I had printed onto fabric.

I added buttons and beads by hand and a vintage seam binding bow and a little loop to hang the mitten before hand sewing the back and front of the mitten together. I have left the top open as I may use it to put a gift in this Christmas or maybe fill it with lavender. I am hoping to have a go at the three other projects this week, I feel so inspired by Nancy's wonderful ideas.
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
Jane
x

7 comments:

  1. They are all simply stunning Jane...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just STUNNING Jane! I love your shabby chic banner and mitten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are darling! You have been busy busy! :) Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow these are beautiful.gorgeous vintage image and details ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! I love the lace you've used, and the paper roses are such a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgeous projects Jane. I especially love your mitten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x