Sunday 28 November 2010

My Guest DT Project for the RIbbon Girl Colour Challenge.

I was delighted and very honoured a few weeks ago to be asked to be a Guest Designer for The Ribbon Girl, my favourite shop for gorgeous ribbons, buttons and lots of other beautiful goodies for my cards. Today, the new Colour Challenge was launched and the colour theme is lilac, pink and white.
I made a gift card holder using a Sizzix die from lilac card and really went to town decorating it with scrummy goodies from The Ribbon Girl.


To decorate the gift card holder, I matted some Cosmo Cricket card onto kraft card and sewed around the edges.I used the super cute Winter Dana and Penny digi stamp by Lori Boyd and coloured them in pinks and lilacs to suit the them.
I made an embellishment by cutting a snowflake from acetate and covering in two coats of stickles. When it was dry, I layered it up with another snowflake cut from Kraft, a lace snowflake made from the 15mm wide Guipure Lace Diamond Pattern. This was then topped with a lovely lavender button.


I punched through the closing flap and set it with eyelets so I could tie it with organza spot ribbon to attach a tag and added a punched snowflake with a gem in the centre.
I printed a label for the inside of the pocket on my PC and cut it out with a Nesties label shape before adding a couple more snowflakes to the inside.

Click on the logo below to take you to the Challenge blog for some inspiration from the DT.

The Challenge will close on Sunday December 12th (Midnight UK time), and Mary and Andrea will randomly select one project to win this gorgeous prize from the Ribbon Girl


I would like to Thank Mary and Andrea for allowing me to join them for this Challenge, it was loads of fun creating this gift card holder and using all the lovely Ribbon girl goodies to embellish it. I am in a bad way again with my back today so it will be a very quiet day for me today with no crafting and just trying to keep warm.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...JANE this is adorable!! I am so happy to see it!! WOW....I love love love it!! Thanks so much!!
    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane... this is gorgeous! That layered snowflake is stunning!!!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x