Monday 19 October 2009

Mini Halloween treat box

I finished off this little treat box tonight. I had started it yesterday using the same bits and pieces I used for my little Mummy ATCs. I am entering it in two blog Challenges. The Elzybells fortnightly challenge is to make a 3d project and the Moving Along with the times Challenge is 'Anything but a card'.

I used a template from Mirkwood designs to make the Trapezoid box. I printed the template directly onto Kraft cardstock before cutting it out. I then stamped the Spider's web and spider from the Elzybells seasonal sentiments. I covered one side of th box with black textured cardstock and then I stamped the Halloween Trick or treat trio onto white card and coloured and cut out my favourite little Mummy!
I mounted the Mummy topper onto a Nesties scalloped circle and stuck him to the black panel. I punched holes to form the ribbon closure as per the template and then assembled the box with strong glue.
I made a little Nesties tag and stamped the Trick or treat sentiment. I inked the edges of the box with a black chalk inkpad and then stuck orange punched stars randomly on the box. I filled the box with yummy treats and tied with a ribbon adding the tag to the back of the box.
I love the way this little box has turned out and I love how versatile the Halloween stamps I have bought have turned out to be. This is the 4th Project I have made with them and I still have loads of ideas!
I tried a new way of taking my photos for this post. No flash and set up under my Daylight lamp onto white card. I am hoping this will show off my Projects better.
I hope you had a good Monday!
Jane
x

8 comments:

  1. Great project Jane, love that cute Mummy! Thanks for the link to the template. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW This is brill Jane, I love it, how cute. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, HAzelxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project - lovely box shape. Agree about those stamps...they're really talking to you! Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box, and a great shape. I love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant treat box.Glad you had time to join in this week with us x Clare C @ MAWTT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an awesome box and congratulations on winning the challenge.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x