Thursday 23 July 2009

One card......two challenges!

This is the first time I have made a card to take part in 2 challenges at the same time. I bought the Clare Curd Signature range paper pad and a set of stamps at the weekend and have been itching to use them. I decided to follow the Challenge on the Stampin Chic blog, I hope I have made it within the deadline! The papers are all gorgeous and such great quality, it was a real pleasure to work with them and I am so pleased with this card.

The Challenge is colour blocking so I used papers in the same tones of brown. All the papers are from the Clare Curd pack. I love the patterns. I love stripes and polka dots so I am really spoilt with this pack of papers as there are so many of them in different colours. The stamp is lovely too. The girl reminds me of my best friend Fi. She is very sophisticated and stylish...unlike me!

I used Carol's sketch from her challenge blog. Her sketches are always great and I really enjoy working with them. Check out her blog and have a play along, she has a lovely Popcorn the bear stamp for the winner.

The weather here today cannot make up it's mind, it is either raining and grey or bright sunshine. Every time I think I should put out my washing it starts raining!

Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. It's a great card Jane, they certainly are nice papers and the image is very chic! Love the paper piecing on her clothes....Thank you for joining in with my sketch challenge again this time...Good Luck1

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. I love the colour you have chosen. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Stampin' Chic Blog. Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x