Friday 27 July 2012

Whiff of Joy DT - Henry hiding on a Special Birthday card

Hello Everyone! It's Friday!! I am feeling quite tired now after my very early start to pick up my Son from the coach as he returned from his school trip. I have a Special card to share with you today which I made for my lovely Friend Madeleine who celebrated a Special Birthday this week. I made a card using some of the gorgeous new Dear Lizzy Neapolitan papers which I bought recently.


I created a template in Word for the numbers and printed them on the reverse of the paper after having a few stern words with my printer which decided to play up! I cut the letters out and then inked the edges with my brushes and distress inks and sewed around the outlines with my machine. I added the numbers to the card using foam pads. I wanted to include a little Henry on my card and decided the Mini Henry behind huge heart would be perfect.


I coloured him in and then cut all the pieces out and tucked him without the heart around the base of the number 5. I decorated the numbers with flowers and some stick on pearls and gems. The sentiment is an old favourite from my stash which I cut out with a Spellbinders label die and tied with twine. We had a lovely drink at lunchtime yesterday in the sunshine to celebrate Madeleine's special day. The Sun seems to be hiding today and the sky is grey. Let's hope it comes back soon! Have a lovely Friday.
Jane
x

4 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty Jane. Love the mahoosive numbers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous jane.beautiful pretty colours and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card Jane. Love the idea of hiding Henry :)
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x