Sunday 16 September 2012

Ribbon Girl DT - September Colour Challenge - Green and Pink

Hello again! This is my last blog post today...I promise! I am back to share my DT card for this month's Colour Challenge on the Ribbon Girl Blog. Our colour theme this month is....

Green and Pink

I knew straight away which image I wanted to use for this Challenge. I have been wanting to colour the lovely 'Lollipop' from Little Miss Muffet in bright sugary colours for a while and I thought she would be perfect with this fun sentiment from Pink Petticoat. However, it took me ages to select my papers and I settled eventually for some American Crafts papers I had left over from a Commission. I nearly had all my paper stash on the floor trying to make a decision!


The cloud paper is a vellum and I mounted it onto white card. I used a Martha Stewart Punch to cut a strip of grass and tucked some Ribbon Girl mesh behind it before die cutting it and sewing it onto a pink circle. I added some clouds cut with a Dienamics die and lots of beautiful flowers from The Ribbon Girl.


I added a tiny bow tied from gingham onto the lollipop stick and a larger gingham bow tied from Bias binding. The red and pink were staples in my craft stash so I was delighted when more colours started to arrive at the Ribbon Girl. I topped this with a flower after I had pulled out the centre and added a button instead. I finished with lots of stick on pearls around the edge of my card scallops.
I hope you will be able to join us for this Challenge.


We have lots of fabulous inspiration from the DT on the Challenge blog and some great prizes as usual..

A £10 gift voucher from the very generous ladies at Lili of the Valley...

...and a Green Mini Makes Kit from Ribbon Girl


Enjoy the rest of your Weekend!
Jane
x

4 comments:

  1. I love this card, it is so so sweet and the colours look gorgeous. Love the layout and the cute image.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane - this is uber lovely!! Fab design and colours! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet jane.gorgeous pretty image and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x