I have made a few Candles lately and I thought I would share this one with you and in case there is anyone out there who doesn't know how to transfer the stamped images to the candles, I thought I would give you step by step instructions.
I did not invent this technique, if only I was that clever, there are various different tutorials out there but here is the method in my own words.
You will need:
- Tissue paper
- Greaseproof paper
- Pens or pencils to colour image
- Heat gun
1. Stamp your image on to one layer of tissue paper and colour in (I used Promarkers)
2. Cut around the image roughly. You can leave a border as this will not show when the candle is finished.
3. Lay the image nice and flat in position on the candle.
4. Wrap greaseproof paper over the image and hold tightly at the back of the candle.
5. Apply heat over the image until the top layer of wax has melted slightly and has absorbed the paper.
6. Remove the greaseproof paper. If the tissue paper hasn't completely melted into the candle repeat step 5.
A nice and easy way to embellish a candle. These are very quick and look very effective when wrapped in cellophane and tied with a lovely coordinating ribbon. A lovely inexpensive but pretty Christmas present.