Thursday 19 November 2009

Susie's Sassy Challenge #2 - Pink and Sparkly

Here is my Design Team card for Susie's second Sassy Challenge. I can't believe the first Challenge is over. The two weeks just flew by. There were so many lovely entries and it was lovely to visit all the blogs of crafters who took part. A winner has been picked so check out Susie's blog now for details.
The theme set this fortnight is Pink and Sparkly. I don't usually use Pink a lot but I do like a bit of bling!
I took my inspiration for this card from some gorgeous die cuts I received from Susie in and a lovely Magnolia stamped image also from Susie.


As you can see , I only used pinks on this card and I really like the overall effect.



I coloured Tilda with my Promarkers and added Glossy accents to her boots, this changed the colour a bit so I am not 100% happy with her boots but I think they tie in quite nicely with the Felt flower.
I added gems to the flowers in the basket and also to the lovely Organza ribbon.
The backing papers I used are Bazzil Bling and DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies and the flowers are from various sources, I think some may have been free with a Magazine a while back. They are held together with an Imaginisce button brad. I love these brads, they look so effective and are so quick instead of sewing the buttons on.
Here is a close up of the flower, you can also see some of the stitching here. I decided to sew around the image and the edge of the card to try and tie all the pinks in together.
I will leave you now with a picture of the prize you could win if you take part in the Challenge, I hope you can join in so I can come and have a nosey around all your lovely blogs!


Look at all those lovely goodies! Hope to see you there!
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Fantstic card jane Love the bright colours and the stitching is great
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card as always Jane, love those button brads, must get me some of those, tfs. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! That image is so sweet and your coloring is beautiful! Love all the stitching too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x