Monday 19 April 2010

New Home card with lots of butterflies!

My Friend and colleague moved House at the end of last week so I needed a New Home card. I picked up a pack of Unity stamps at the Make it show in Farnborough and hadn't tried them out yet. The post box is so sweet and I love the little butterflies flying out of it.


I found this Kraft paper with cute little houses on it in my stash. I think I bought it from a shop that was closing down. I made a card base with a recycled Kraft folder and covered it with house paper which I had inked around the edges and wrapped with brown gingham ribbon.


I coloured the image with Promarkers and then added lots of little Martha Stewart butterflies. I dotted around lots of little gems and added a bow to which I had tied a button.

I decided to decorate the inside of the card with a layer of white textured card. The sentiment is stamped from a combination of Elzybells stamps and the envelope is part of the Unity set. I couldn't resist adding a couple more punched butterflies!
I hope you have a lovely Monday, we bought new bike yesterday and I have a day off today so Jack and I will be cycling to town this morning then home for a bit of crafting :-)
Jane
x

6 comments:

  1. I love that. Great paper, great stamp, great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jane, love the images and paper.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane..
    So cute..those butterflies look nice floating around the mail box..I have a sheet of that paper too! There is a trees and cars one also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo SWEET! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Jane. I lurrrve that paper. Your friend will love her card. Lauren x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x