Monday 9 August 2010

Something a little bit different...

This card is a little different to my usual style. It is not as bright and this paper is not something I would usually choose but I thought I would try something a little different for my recent order of Anniversary cards.

I am not sure who the paper is by as it was bought in a job lot from the Make it show in Farnborough and the stamp was bought last year from Ally Pally but I inked it up for the 1st time when I made this card. I will be using it a lot more from now on though as I love it!
The card was very simple and quick to put together. I first cut a piece of card to fit the card base and layered it with the patterned paper. I sewed around all the edges and wrapped around two layers of ribbon before sticking it to the card blank.
I stamped and coloured the Butterfly with my Promarkers. I coloured some white stamens with my black Promarkers and stuck it behind the Butterfly with my glue gun. I then added black gems to the Butterfly's body before sticking it to the top of the card.
I stamped the Elzybells sentiment to the bottom of the card and added gems to highlight it. As a finishing touch, I added a bow and a little heart pearl.
Have a lovely Monday!
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jane , love it :0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Jane, even outside your comfort zone you can do it so well. Love the lacy light touch this has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Jane.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x