Friday 14 June 2013

A Doolally Pip for the Ali Craft Challenge

Hello Everyone! I have something a little bit different for you today....I was very lucky earlier in the year to be able to take a class taught by Lindsay Mason at the Birmingham Trade Craft Show where we made a tag using some of her Doolally Pip stamps. I fell in love with them instantly and treated myself to 'Moochin' as he reminded me of my boys. This is the first time I have inked him up and I used him to decorate a large chipboard tag I bought from Ali Craft at the Bracknell Craft Show.



I inked around the edges of the tag with black distress ink before covering the tag with Graphic 45 papers. I coloured the image with promarkers and then cut it out, adding a paper pieced crown which I had stamped on to some of the text papers. I added some jute mesh behind my sentiment and a Prima button on top.


I set eyelets in the top of the tag and threaded them with printed twill ribbon and another in the bottom from which I hung a rusty bell. I added a wooden star and cog from my stash and finished with some black stick on gems. I am entering my tag in to the Alicraft Challenge.
I hope you have a great Friday!
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Jane! Love this - you've decorated the tag perfectly! Hope you and yours are well, hugs Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous creation! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jane, wish I had gone on the class with Lindsey, love her work
    Can't wait to see your 1st blog tutorial for Ali-Craft
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x