Thursday 24 May 2012

My Mum's Craft Shop DT - Cool Britannia!!


Good Morning Everyone! It's my day for sharing my makes on the My Mum's Craft Shop blog  today with something a bit different again from me this week :-) Isn't it fun to try something new once in a while! Kitty recently received a delivery of the Cool Britannia Kanban collection and I couldn't resist having a play with some of the papers and sentiments to create a card and gift for my Father In Law. 


I first made an easel card with a kraft card base and then added toppers and sentiments and lots of bits and bobs from my stash  to decorate the card.


I altered an acetate box we received with some office supplies to put a little gift or voucher in. I simply cut pieces of the Union Jack paper and sewed around the edges and stuck it to the box with double sided tape. I lined the box with kraft card to hide the messy tape.

I added a sentiment circle to which I added ribbon tails with Ribbon Girl Ribbons and a little button as a finishing touch with a couple of pearls. This range is fabulous for making Men's cards, perfect also for Father's Day! I am entering my card into this week's Papertake Weekly Challenge as the theme is 'True Colours' where you have to use your National Colours.
Have a lovely Thursday!
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jane - these are awesome!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous Jane!! Lovely to have you with us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x