Saturday 29 August 2009

An Elzybells Challenge card

Thursday was new release day on the Elzybells blog and I treated myself to some lovely new stamps. It was also Challenge day and the Challenge was to create your own stamped backing paper.

I got these Sunflower stamps and the Sunflower girl stamp at the release last month and hadn't got around to using them yet. I stamped the sunflower onto a square of linen card and then coloured it in with Promarkers.
I chalked in between the Sunflowers with green chalks to match the green card that I matted and layered with. I added a ribbon to the front of the card before adding the stamped image which I also coloured with Promarkers and cut with Nestabilities.
I really liked making the backing paper for this card. Elzybells stamps are so versatile and really lend themselves to creating repeat patterns on cards. The chalked green looks a lot stronger in real life but I think my flash has washed it out a bit :-(
I hope to have time to play with my new stamps tomorrow, my hubby is going for ramble to I will have most of the day to myself to Puppysit and craft.
Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x