Monday 24 August 2009

An exploding Wedding Card

I made this little exploding card yesterday. This was a commission from a lovely Friend of mine as she is attending her own Bridesmaid's wedding at the end of the week and wanted something special to mark the occasion.

I followed instructions here to make the base card. The closed book measure 3x3 inches. I can't remember where the paper was from but it is full of sparkly wedding sayings and is really pretty. The stamp is by Elzybells and is coloured with Promarkers. The greeting is also Elzybells.

The inside of the card explodes once the ribbon is untied. There is plenty of space to write messages.
I added the names of the Bride and Groom to the inside of the card with letters cut from a Sizzix letter strip.
I then added the date and embellished away with some sparkly doves and some stick on gems.
I really enjoy making these cards/scrapbooks. Last summer, I made four of them packed with photos of the kids on our holiday to give to Grandparents as a keepsake and they loved them. It's amazing how much you can fit on these little pages! These would make a great gift too if you made a little coordinating box for them.
My Friend S-J is popping round tonight to pick this up and to come and see Charlie.
I hope she likes it!

If you liked the stamp I used, please pop over to Elizabeth's blog to check out the sneak peeks of her new stamps that are being released. They look fab and I am sure it will be hard for me to pick which ones to buy!

Hope you are having a good Monday :-)
Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is wonderful, a real keepsake for the couple to cherish. I kept all my cards and put them in a special album.

    CathyH (busymitts)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x