Monday 11 January 2010

Leo the lion and experimenting with glitter

I had another play with some of Jane's images yesterday and printed some images onto Kraft card. I then used some glitter to decorate Leo's mane, nose and tail. I don't often use glitter so decided to experiment with 2 different techniques. First I made 2 base cards from Kraft card using a Nesties die and covered it with My Mind's eye backing paper.


On the first card, I used fine glitter in a pot tipped on to glue which I had used to fill in the areas I wanted to add colour to. The finished effect is quite matt and flat looking but the colour is really intense.

For the second image, I first coloured the areas I was going to add glitter to with a Sakura pen. I then added brown glitter glue . When the glue was dry, the effect was very dull and a bit patchy so I added Glossy accents to cover the glittered areas. This gives a lovely raised effect and really makes the image pop.
I don't normally use glitter but I think I have been converted! The kids are back at school today even though they are starting later than usual. I have holiday from work booked today and tomorrow so I am going to make the most of some very welcome time on my own. Our house has been a mad house since last week with all our lives disrupted because of the snow. Let's hope we can somehow start getting back to normal now!
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. He's a very friendly Lion isn't he? I find glitter glue a;ways does the patchy thing on me, so tend to favour dry glitter, but intersting way t finish there....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting experiment there Jane and beautiful cards too. Bert thanks you for carrying out your experiment under controlled conditions...he usually ends up wearing most of the glitter if I break it out....Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jane you are so creative your work is a dream I love what you have done with the glitter and glossy accents its a great effect
    hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x