Wednesday 16 March 2011

Less is more...

I was awake ridiculously early today...in fact it is still very early as I type this!
I have seen lots of entries to this week's 'Less is More' Challenge on my friend's blogs this week so decided to make a card to enter myself today. This is the first time I have tried stamping straight on to a card and these two simple cards took me ages! The theme this week is 'Off the edge' so my phone is stamped coming slightly off the card.

I have a few failed attempts to cut up and reuse on cards with more layers or to overstamp to make backing papers so all is not lost! The little buttons on the dials are from my stash and the pink twine is from The Ribbon Girl.

I decided to stamp in Archival ink to get a nice clean strong image and used a textured card for my first attempt. I also used Archival ink to stop me from grabbing my Promarkers to colour the phones in! I used a Hero Arts stamp set I bought ages ago and had still not inked up.
It was great fun making these and I do like the finished result. I think the pink one is my favourite even though I like the positioning of the phone better on the blue one.
Have a great Wednesday.
Jane
x

21 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    I'm so pleased to hear that your prototypes will be recycled, I hate to waste card too!
    The finished results are great, but I think my favourite is the blue one... in this case I think the flat, plain card looks better, but it's all down to personal taste of course!
    Thanks for joining us once more. See you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane
    What a great couple of cards. minimal embellishments are most acceptable, particularly the button on the dial
    Thanks for entering, great to see you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. good design...they would look good without any embellies too...an adaptable design indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Jane.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love 'em both but think I prefer the one with the blue button - all down to personal taste though. It's tough isn't it? This off the edge lark!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the blue one except I prefer the two pearls of the pink one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic cards, simple and effective with just a hint of colour - gorgeous! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love this image its great and love both cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane these are both so cute I love the phone stamp and the little pink twine bow on the top one
    Hope you're keeping well
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fab cards, a perfect CAS design, and I like the little touches with the buttons and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! wow! wow! These are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane! Love both cards! I've looked at that stamp set several times...now I may have to go get it! LOL! If I had to pick my favorite, it would be the second card, even though I love pink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card and a very caring sentiment. Favourite one is the blue just because it's blue...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and a great idea to add a button to the dial x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect take on the challenge, the pink one is my fav but they are both great.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cards Jane, love the vintage telephone. (blue one is my fave). x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow... very nice cards... I like them... simple and yet cute. I love those buttons on the phone.

    Have a great day,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your old fashioned phones with a little splash of colour. The buttons for dials is great. I like your pink one best. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards Jane, love them both

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both cards. Great idea to use the button in the middle!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x