Friday 18 March 2011

Rolled flowers for the Whiff of Joy Guest DT Call

After much deliberation, I have decided to submit an entry to the Whiff of Joy Guest Designer Call. I love all the Whiff of Joy stamps and I simply adore the Cute Gnomes which were part of the March release! I treated myself to a few of the stamps and mounted them and inked them up today. The requirement for the GDT call project is to use rolled flowers. I ended up making two cards with the flowers so I thought I would share both of them.

The first card was made using the Good Luck Gnome and Fancy Pants and My Mind's Eye papers with rolled flowers made from Kraft packaging. I added a little glitter to a couple of the clover leaves and created a sentiment using various letter stickers. I coloured the Gnome which had been stamped onto textured card with my Promarkers.

For my second card, I created a background using My Minds Eye papers for the Miss You Gnome's adorable little House. I stamped the house twice and coloured it with my Promarkers decoupaging the roof, gnome and grass and then added it to the card with foam pads. I added glitter to the spots on the roof and created a sentiment using letter stickers which I then sewed to the background. I finished the card off with some punched leaves, a string bow, my flowers and a couple of little gems.
I will be back tomorrow with another card using a Whiff of Joy stamp for the CES Challenge.
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. Jane, these are fabulous!! Gorgeous designs and colours and texture!! Gorgeous!! Good luck with the DT call - these are sure to impress!! So happy to be back!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, two very gorgeous cards. Love your fab rolled flowers. Got my fingers crossed for you for the GDT call.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards - good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful and unique cards Jane!! Your coloring is marvelous.
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I love your cardstyle.
    Greetings from Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x