Friday 25 March 2011

Mini Zingy Springy cards

It's my turn to share my Project for this Month's Get Funky Challenge. The theme set by the lovely Lou is Zing into Spring and you can see her wonderful card here. I have made a little bag to hold 5 mini cards. The cards measure 3x3 inches so are really dinky and cute and I had lots of fun decorating them.


I was hugely inspired by the gorgeous springy freebie HERE that Anice created to enable any of you that don't have any springy coloured Funky Hand papers to play along as you do need to use a Funky Hand paper on your entry. The papers match the March colour theme on the Craft the Year away CD so I used lots of these on my Project too.


To make the bag, I used my Nesties to cut two squares measuring 9cmx9cm from white card. I then cut a strip of card measuring 27cm x 7cm, scored 1cm in along the long edges and then every 9cm to make the three sides of the box cutting notches where the score lines intersect to allow it to fold together. Glue the sides to the box and the decorate each side with more Nestie shapes cut from patterned paper and cover the sides with strips of paper measuring 9x5cm. Punch holes in the sides of the box to thread a ribbon handle through and then decorate with flowers.


I decorated each card with more Nesties squares and scalloped squares cut from different papers from the Craft The Year Away CD. I was able to print out all of the images, sentiments and the most of the papers in a smaller format on one page by using the workspace feature. Some of the images were printed directly onto the papers others were cut out and mounted with foam pads. I added lots of glitter, glossy accents and gems to finish the cards off.
Have a great Friday!
Jane
x

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x