Sunday 7 March 2010

Look away now Mum!!! No Peeking!

A quick word of warning before I begin....this post is rather long and there are lots of photos so you may want to grab a cuppa before you start!
I had tasked myself today to make my Mum's and Mum In law's Mother's day cards. I was a bit stuck for ideas this week until I saw Anice on Create and Craft and remembered how fab my Funky Hand Papercraft Factory CD is and then it all kind of fell in to place.

I used the Lavender collection Wordbook and decided to make similar Wordbooks for both. This colour scheme is just fabulous. The green is an amazing shade. It matches so well with the Lilac and Purple and looks really Funky. I printed out all the letters to start and then cut out the pages, trimmed them to size and scored the two top pages. I then stuck the book together and punched the bound edge with my Bind it all.
I tied coordinating ribbons through the punched holes. The ribbons are from various sources. The green ribbon was bought in the sale from Tesco's after Christmas and is a perfect match.
I printed small letters which I cut out with my Nestabilities, inked the edges and mounted them on to the card with foam pads and added a heart gem. I finished the cards off with gems and with Prima flowers. The little purple clips are from Making Memories.
I decided to do something constructive with my scraps and made a couple of gift tags to match the cards.
I cut scalloped circles then cut a circle with a band of coordinating paper through the middle. I printed more letters from the CD, mounted them to the tags with foam pads and added glossy accents. I think the letters look fab finished this way, it gives them a really luxurious feel.
I set an eyelet for the ribbon, added small Making Memories letters, flowers and gems to finish them off. I did make matching flowers for the tags but Charlie, my Puppy, ate one, it has been a day for Charlie eating things he shouldn't, while we were having Dinner tonight, he chewed the end of the Laptop charger! He is not the most popular person in our house right now and I will be making an unscheduled trip to PC World tomorrow!
After I made the cards, I realised this Month's Funky Hand Challenge theme chosen by Dolly is 'Girls Girls Girls' so I am entering them into the Challenge.
Sorry for such a long post! If you are still with me...I hope you had a lovely Weekend :-)
Jane
x

6 comments:

  1. This is yummy Jane. Love the colourscheme and I particularly like the tags. Those letters just pop off the page with the glossy accents to highlight. Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is fun and fantastic. I love these colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jane, you never fail to inspire me whenever I visit. The glossy accents on the letters, fab idea! Might just use it sometime ;)although mine would be full of bubbles!
    Thanks for joining in the challenge again this month. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. they certainly are fab and they will love them
    Thanks for playing along at Get Funky
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane

    Beautiful work and gorgeous colour choices.

    I love your word books but think your tags are fantastic too. The glossy accents you have added to your letters really make them stand out brilliantly.

    Thank you so much for sharing with the Get Funky! Challenge this month.

    I do hope you get chance to play again next month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, these are fantastic, I really love them, especially what you did with the tags, and the colours you chose. Thanks for joining the fun over at Funky Hand this month xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x