Thursday 18 March 2010

Some Funky Monsters cards...

This is my 3rd post today! The other cards I posted today were DT projects so I had made them some time ago. I had a play with some of my digi stash today and I thought I would share these two cards with you.

I received a card commission to make a card with some spotty monsters on it and knew these coordinating papers from the Funky Hand, Funky Daze CD would be perfect. I printed the papers onto linen card, then printed the monsters onto the card. I cut a piece to fit the front of the card and inked the edges before sticking it on.
I printed each monster twice onto white card, one copy was used for paper piecing and the other was cut up for the eyes and cute little monster teeth. I cut out the monsters into little squares and inked the edges before layering up my little monsters. I coloured the detail with my Promarkers.
I used Hero Arts sentiments which I stamped on to Nestabilities circles.
All the pieces were then added to the card with foam pads.
I am constantly amazed by the ease of digital crafting, when one of my Crafty Friends first told me she was printing papers I almost discounted it without trying as I loved buying paper and getting all inky with stamps but I love all things digital now, there are so many talented digi designers out there, it is possible to mix digital and traditional methods of stamping too, as I have done on these cards. I am truly spoiled as I am lucky to be on the Willow Designs and Jane's Doodles Design teams so I get to play with all their creations before anyone else!
If you have ever wondered if you would enjoy using digi stamps and papers, I can only highly recommend you give it a try, I guarantee you won't regret it!
Jane
x

8 comments:

  1. I just love these monsters Jane and its obvious they speak to you. I've never seen you make a bad card with them. You're in the zone. Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are great, cheerful, fun and perfectly made. Lovely viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute! love this!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these monsters! They made me LOL. I think my grandson will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are superb Jane. They're so bold and funky. Love these little critters.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too ADORABLE!!!!! LOVE them both!
    xo
    P.S. that owl below is hilarious! love that card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My word! These are SO freaking adorable!!

    Kim Hughes
    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, they are so cute. Thanks for telling us how you made them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x