Sunday 8 January 2012

New desk and stamp storage ideas...

Hi Everyone! I have been a busy bee this weekend, I have decluttered and decorated my eldest Son's Bedroom which was hard work but really worth it, it has been transformed from a smelly teenage pit to a lovely fresh grown up room, all white with red accents and a fab canvas photo of Times Square but most importantly, he loves it!
I have also been busy reorganising my craft area and stash. I am very lucky to have a little space of my own to Craft under our stairs, the desk that used to live in our bedroom just fits in the space and I have been looking for ages for storage solutions to put on it to house my most used items.


I thought small CD racks would work well stacked together and be the right size but as is always the way, could not find what I was looking for at a good price or the right size until last weekend. I popped in Poundland when I was shopping in Basingstoke to buy some foam pads and tape and there were 4 CD racks which turned out to be perfect and just £4.00 for the lot! I am so chuffed with how they look stacked up and they match some of the other boxes I have had for a while. My Promarkers are stored in pen holders from Muji which were rather expensive but do the trick.
I have also reorganised my unmounted stamps into Slim a4 Tuff Boxes which I bought from Amazon. I was using CD cases but they were a bit fiddly and difficult to label and I could only fit a couple of stamps in each box so it was all getting a bit out of hand.
Link
I have filled 5 of these boxes already and have another 9 on the way which should keep me going for a while!
This is how the look closed and they can easily be labelled by sticking a label on the closing clips.
I have finished all my chores now so will be making my desk messy tonight as I have a DT project to make for tomorrow! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Jane
x

12 comments:

  1. £4! What a bargain!!! Looks amazing. Am so jealous of your space.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Jane...! I use those plastic folders too...you can store so much in them..and I write on the front what stamps they are too :o)

    Great space hun...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooooooooove that stamp storage of yours thank you soooooooo much for sharing.. now off to see if their crazy expensive on shipping to norway..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, love your fab craft space. So organised and everything to hand. The CD racks were a bargain.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane your craft are looks like heaven a right little Aladdin Den!! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh love your little space under the stairs - so organised!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is one very clever & organised space! Great find with the Cd storage! I may have to pop by Poundland myself now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's what I call organised Jane.Great job.It must be the time of year for sorting out as I have been sorting out my craft cupboard after all the xmas cardmaking.Great ideas for the storage of stamps.Job well done.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be the time of year for it - sorted my crrft area out too. I wonder how long it will stay so organised?!
    I got my son to make me a holder for my copics - using foam board. You can buy large sheets from Amazon and then cut it with a craft knife and stick with a glue gun. I think it might be a much cheaper option.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be the time of year for it - I cleared my craft space too. I wonder how long it will stay so organised?!
    I got my 14 year old son to make me a holder for my copics. He used foam board (you can buy large sheets from Amazon quite cheaply) and then cut it with a craft knife and stuck it together using a glue gun or strong PVA. I'm really pleased with the result and it was quite cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyy Elaine just sent me 10 of these boxes!! Can't wait to start the organizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of that small nook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x