Thursday 12 January 2012

Whiff of Joy DT for the Whiff of Joy Challenge

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you are having a good week so far. I have a very special card to share with you today which I made for my lovely Hubby's Birthday and which follows the theme this fortnight on the Whiff of Joy Challenge blog which is 'Charms and Bling' .

To make the card base, I created a template in Word and printed it onto Kraft card before cutting it out with a craft knife. I then used the card to trace the shape onto the reverse of patterned paper and also cut this out with my Kraft knife. I sewed (very carefully!!) around the edges of the number before sticking it on to the card base and then matted and layered more kraft papers for the inside of the card.
I stamped 'Happy New Year Ben' onto white card and then coloured him in with Promarkers before cutting him out leaving a small border and added him to the card with foam pads. I tied a heart charm around the number with red twine and added a sentiment by Whimsy stamps which I mounted onto a red scalloped circle. I added some red gems as a finishing touch.
I hope you have a lovely Thursday.
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous hun...love the image and the fabulous layout too sweetie :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card jane.the design is brilliant and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better Jane and Happy Birthday to your hubby - nice card, clever idea with the numbers and the number! Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jane, love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning my dear!!!
    Huge hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x