Monday 23 January 2012

Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Warm it up

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend, I had a fab time on Saturday at the Sandown craft show. I spent the whole day there and took part in four workshops run by Ali-craft. I learnt lots of new techniques and met lots of lovely ladies at the same time.
I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning and tidying up as I hadn't cleaned properly for quite a while! Too much crafting to do! Anyway...enough about my weekend...Monday is Pollycraft Challenge day and the theme this week chosen by the lovely Mary J is .....

Warm it up

(keep warm, warm or hot colours, anything that makes you feel warm)

I was inspired to make my card by the sentiment I chose which is an old favourite from Elzybells.
I wanted to use Marley holding the heart but wanted to cover up the 'be mine' sentiment on the heart he is holding so I printed him once onto the card for colouring and another time on paper so I could cut the heart out and use as a template to trace onto red spotty paper, I then edged the heart with ink and stuck it over the coloured image before adding the button.


Marley was coloured with Promarkers and I added him to my layout created with My Mind's Eye papers with foam pads. I simply added scraps of paper to a square of kraft card and added some stitching to create a Clean and Simple design to show off Marley.


The little heart buttons I added to the heart and the sentiment are from Crafty Emma's Store.
I added a couple of gems and a dot of glossy accents to Marley's nose as a finishing touch.
I hope you will be able to join us for this week's Challenge. We are sponsored this week by The Crimson Cloud.



Our winner will receive their choice of 3 packs die cuts.

You can see all the DT cards and all the details of this week's Challenge here.
Have a great Monday!
Jane
x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jane, and such a sweet sentiment, love it. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Jane! Fab sentiment and a wonderful mix of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane this is fab and I adore how you have coloured little Marley! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, this is so sweet! I love the paper.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhhhhh so cute!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw so gorgeous jane,stunning design and the image is adorable :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jane, I think this card is wonderful. I need me some of these papers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Jane, it's adorable!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Jane - love the sentiment, not seen that one before :)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x