Sunday 29 January 2012

Steampunk inspired for the Fiskarettes sketch Challenge

I have been playing with the gorgeous Echo Park Times and Seasons for the past few days and some lovely Sprocket dies I borrowed from a crafty Friend and I thought they would work really well to make a card using the lovely sketch by Clare for this fortnight's Fiskarettes Sketch Challenge.



 I had initially thought of using flowers where the circles but replaced them with cogs which gave me a great starting point for those hard to make Men's cards.
I used a 6x6 card blank and cut a square of card to measure 14.5 square to place my squares of papers which were cut to 4.5cm square on. This is a great project for using up scraps. I inked around the edges of all the papers before placing them on to the black card making sure I was happy with the arrangement before sticking them down!





I then stitched around the pieces with my machine before adding the finished black square to the card base. I stamped the sentiment in the top right hand corner, I have flipped the sketch to fit my design.
I added an arrangement of cogs in the centre of the card to mirror the sketch and added a double embossed clock face in the centre topped with some game spinners. I finished with a metal cog and a couple of gems. I hope you have a lovely Sunday!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. wow this is fantastic jane.i love the cogs :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Jane, this is soamazing. Love the fab mix of scrummy papers and the sprocket dies look fab.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x