Tuesday 3 January 2012

U Rock!

Good Morning Everyone! It's Back to Life and Back to Reality for me today as Christmas is well and truly over and I am back to the usual routine of work from this morning. I have really enjoyed having some extra time to craft and to spend with my Hubby and am already looking forward to our first week off this year in March. I was inspired this weekend by the optional theme of 'no designer papers' that is running on the current Sugar Bowl Challenge and decided to have a go at making a card with no Designer Papers. I have so many papers to use, I am toying with the idea of a 6 month paper buying ban to see if I can use up some of my stash!


The image stamp I have used is a Gorjuss girl which was from Sugar Nellie but is discontinued. I love her little skull clip in her hair and I chose some matching skull ribbon I bought in a fantastic haberdashery store in New York which was my starting point for the colour scheme. I embossed a square of pink Papermania card with one of my favourite embossing folders and then inked the edges before stitching it with grey thread to some black card. The sentiment stamp and 'xoxo' stamp are from Crafter's Companion and I stamped the 'xoxo' stamp repeatedly to create a backing paper and the die cut it and stitched it to a scalloped circle. The image was coloured with Promarkers and cut out before adding to the card with foam pads. I added a couple of gems as a finishing touch. I hope you have a good day if you are returning to your 'usual routine'.
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie Jane...and great colour combo too hun ..!

    have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card jane.i love the sweet gg girl and fabulous colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x