Sunday 1 January 2012

Sugar Nellie DT - A little hug

LinkGood Morning Everyone! Happy New Year! I hope you had a good New Year's Eve, ours was quiet apart from the Fireworks! I thought I would celebrate the New Year with an older Sugar Nellie image. I have made a card using a Leanne Ellis stamp called 'A little hug' which is available here on special offer from Funky kits.

I really love the Leanne Ellis stamps and they make lovely 'just beacuse' cards. I have used Echo Park brown spotty paper and layered some gorgeous Bobunny paper on top before stitching around the edges. I distressed a rectangle of the brown paper before adding the image on top which had been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. My Flexmarkers are slowly creeping into my colouring these days, it took me a while to get used to the colours but I am getting there!
I added a bow from Organza ribbon I found in my stash and a swirl cut from a die I borrowed from Petra. The little brown flowers are from Michaels in New York, I want to go back!!! I finished with a sentiment by Hero Arts, a button and some flowers from my stash. I was very naughty this morning and treated myself to some new flowers from Wild Orchid crafts, can't wait for them to arrive!
Have a lovely New Year's day!
Jane
x

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! Gorgeous card the image is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful card sweetie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card jane.your colour combo is gorgeous and i love the fab image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x