Wednesday 29 December 2010

AmberINK's INKredible Challenge #5

Hi Everyone! It's Wednesday and I am back at work. Our house is bursting at the seams with presents that all need to be found homes and I am in the mood to organise and declutter so the Challenge theme this month at Amber Ink was perfect!

The Challenge theme is to create something that will help you or someone else become organised. The winner of the Challenge will receive a brand new digistamp set! Take a look at the challenge blog for some great projects from the other Torchbearers and details on how to enter!
I decorated an empty Travel sweets tin with iPapers to keep some of my buttons in. I can see myself making some more of these in different colour ways, it was so much fun to make.

To decorate the tin, I first cut a circle from yellow card. I then cut a strip of yellow spotty Ipaper which I stuck over some pink flowery paper and die cut into a smaller circle. I stitched the edges and then stitched the smaller circle to the larger one before sticking to the tin lid.


I added buttons, butterflies punched from more Ipaper, felt embellishments and letter stickers to decorate the top of the lid.


I added paper strips along the edges of the lid and the side of the tin with some more stiching and a lovely gingham bow.


As a finishing touch, I added another circle of paper to line the tin and filled it with some buttons.
It's always very satisfying to create something useful from something that would usually be thrown away.

Make sure you go and check out the Projects created by the other Torchbearers, you are certain to find some inspiration if like me you are on a quest to be organised!

Have a great Wednesday!
Jane
x

4 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute! Love all the little details like the stitching and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazingly AWESOME!!! The pink container for pink buttons is perfect - how sweet would this be in a craft studio with so many colors. You rocked it girl! Hauoli makahiki hou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Janr, those two ipapers are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tin! What a great idea. And I'm like you, I like to repurpose things that might otherwise get thrown away. Nicely done, and great thinking for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x