Friday 18 December 2009

Dreaming of a white Christmas - Elzybells Challenge 34

This is a special card I made for a very special little boy. My Best Friend's son was born in February so will be enjoying his first Christmas this year. I had this card in my mind for ages so was glad to see that it would fit in with the latest Elzybells challenge which is white, blue and silver.

All the stamps I used are Elzybells but I altered the baby stamp slightly. It normally had stars around the little baby sleeping in the moon but I did not ink these up and instead added tiny Elzybells Snowflakes from the Seasonal sentiments set.
I paper pieced the blanket from some K+Co backing paper and made a frame to match.
The image was stamped on to some white embossed Bazzill card which reminds me of snowballs and this was also used matted on to some DCWV blue textured card for the card base. To finish I stamped the Elzybells sentiment in the bottom right of the card and added some tiny silver gems and some glitter glue to the moon.
I really love how this card turned out but I think Patric may be a bit young to appreciate it. I hope his Mummy and Daddy like it though!
Make sure you pop over to the Elzybells blog to take part in the Challenge. It is the last Challenge for the current Design Team and they are going to be greatly missed having produced such inspirational projects since I have been following the blog.
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. It's perfect..colours, sparkle and wonder.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've altered the image. Really striking card.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x