Friday 4 December 2009

A Funky Christmas decoration

I received my Funky Hand cd yesterday and downloaded one of the Christmas Word books I bought with the £20.00 voucher I received for winning November's Challenge on the Get Funky blog.
I couldn't resist printing out some of my favourite papers and having a play.

The Get Funky Challenge this month set by the very talented Kath is to make a Christmas decoration. I took inspiration from a decoration made by Elizabeth from Elzybells which she showcased on her blog yesterday and decided to use printed papers instead or ribbon to put the decoration together.

I printed one sheet of the gorgeous spotty paper and then fed it back through the printer so it was printed on both sides. I then cut the paper into strips measuring 10.5 cm x 1.5cm. I shaped each strip into a curve sticking the ends together with strong glue.
I cut 2 large Nesties circles from green printed card and stuck the paper ribbons evenly around the 1st circle. A ribbon was added for hanging and the second circle was then stuck on the back to hide the raw edges.
I cut more circles from printed papers and matted and layered them on the front of the decoration finished with a Stampendous sentiment. I added gems to finish off to give a bit of sparkle.

I made this lat night and took photos early this morning, I couldn't resist sharing a photo of my cat Patch looking a bit moody at being woken up too early :-)
I will be back later with details of the first Easy Craft Projects Challenge.
Jane
x

8 comments:

  1. How clever going to try this out Jane! I will be back Ive popped over often but never clicked how to comment before Thick I am !

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab project Jane, so effective. I've just discovered the Elzybells blog - some great stuff on there. Thanks for joining in at Get Funky. Enjoy your weekend. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's lovely! And thanks for sharing the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jane...fabulous project and I think patch loves it too...thanks for joining in with my challenge this month at Get Funky...hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jane this is fab! How clever are you creating such a brilliant xmas deco. Thank you so much for joining in with this months Get Funky Challenge.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane

    This is brilliant. I love it!!

    Thanks for the "how to do it" instructions too.

    So pleased you shared this lovely creation with the "Get Funky Challenge Blog".

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is fab - what a wonderful idea - Love the way you've shown off those papers on this project

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really effective but sounds easy to make - just my strips always end up wonky even though I've measured them!! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x