Thursday 3 December 2009

Susie's Sassy Challenge no3 DT card - Buttons and Bows

Another fortnight has passed already and Susie's next Sassy Challenge has been announced. The theme this time is Buttons and bows so I decided to make another Christmas card to add to my small pile of cards.
I used a digital image from Jane's Doodles Designs, this Santa is just so cute I couldn't resist making a backing paper for my card by printing out multiple images onto a piece of card and then colouring them in with my Promarkers. The images print so clearly and it is a real delight to colour them in. I also added glossy accents to his boots and glitter to the fur on his cute little santa suit.
I sewed the backing paper I had made on to some red card and wrapped a red satin ribbon round the assembled pieces before sticking to the card blank. I stamped the Papermania 'ho ho ho' sentiment onto a tag cut from a Sizzix shape and mounted it to the left of the card with a foam pad.
The Santa was then printed once and coloured it with Promarkers and more glossy accents and glitter was added to his boots and suit. I cut the image with Nesties and mounted onto a Nesties scalloped circle before sewing around with a ziz zag stitch. The topped was mounted on the card front and I added a large bow to which I had sewed a heart button. I finished off the card with 2 more heart shaped buttons that I had threaded with narrow red ribbon.
I love how bright and Christmassy this card turned out. Make sure you come and join us for the Challenge, this time there is a Guest Design Team place available for the winner. I loved looking through all your entries last time, they were all fab so make sure you join in again!
I hope you are having a good week.
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I'm a sucker for bright colours and there's so much detail to take in. Gorgeous!

    As for the wooden hearts, email me your address, I'll post you some..please do not expect anything that is finished.they definitely need 'altering'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute!! love the Santa pp you made! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Jane I love it lot of hard work went into all that colouring
    its adorable
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this!! That Santa is so cute and I love how you made your dp also! Fantastic heart buttons and sewing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x