Sunday 6 December 2009

Elzybells Challenge 33 - Christmas gift packaging

The Challenge on the Elzybells blog this fortnight is to make a Christmas gift or some Gift packaging. I had a special gift to send out today so I decided to make a box to put the gift in.


I made a very simple box by cutting and scoring some A4 Kraft card to make a box slightly larger than 6x6 square and about 1 inch deep. I scored and folded the lid and stamped the Elzybells Gingerbread man all over the lid of the box and then randomly stamped small Elzybells stars.
I coloured the Gingerbread man with Promarkers and a white Sakura pen and coloured the Stars with a gold Sakura pen. I then assembled the box with glue and inked the edges with red ink.
I cut a small tag with a Sizzix die and stamped it with Stars and mounted a Gingerbread man on to foam pads to the tag.
I then tied the box with bright red organza ribbon.
I hope the recipient will like the gift and the box arrives in one piece!
I hope you are having a good Monday. My week has not started in the best way. Technology is definitely against me! My netbook has died on me and my Blogger comments are playing up. It says I have 4 comments to moderate but when I go to the moderation page there are none there!
Don't you just love Mondays! :-)
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Here's another comment you may not be able to see then!
    Love the box...the gingerbread man goes perfectly with the Kraft card look doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project. The gingerbread men are so different at Christmas. I went for the penguins on my challenge box as I too wanted to stay away from the usual images and colours.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x