Tuesday 27 July 2010

Happy Birthday Jack!

My baby is 11 today! I can remember so well being pregnant with him and waiting for him to arrive as he was 2 weeks late and ended up arriving very quickly the night before I was due to be induced. These past 11 years have just flown by and now we are preparing for him to go to Secondary school in September. My baby is all grown up!

Jack is footie mad, he goes to watch Reading at every home game with his footie mad Dad and plays for a local team so I spend most Saturday mornings on the edge of the pitch and I still don't have a clue what is going on most of the time! It's so much more complicated than paper and glue!
To make Jack's card I used papers from the Smirk for him range and an adorable image from Di's Digis.
I kept the layout simple and used letters from Prima and My little Shoebox for my sentiment. The ribbon and football button is from my stash.
Here is a photo of my Jack looking cool and dudey on his way to his school prom last week.

So cute and looks so cheeky! No wonder he gets away with so much mischief!
Have a lovely Tuesday! I will save you a piece of birthday cake :-)
Jane
x

9 comments:

  1. Hope your son has a lovely day!! Lovely card - bet he loves it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well happy birthday to Jack! I bet he will love his card! Hope he has a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jane, hope Jack has a great day!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card you've made him, and he looks quite dapper in his hat and tie! Tell him happy birthday from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy returns for Jack - he's a dude alright. My baby is 17 tomorrow Jane...it's amazing how it just well, goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGee - forgot to say how cool the card is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jane and your son is a real cool dude darling bless him I bet the girls love him to bits !!
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane...happy Birthday to Jack...
    I know what you mean...We have just bought new uniform for secondary school in September. My daughter will be 12 in November. It seems only a year ago that she was a baby! She is so grown up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just been catching up with your blog, it's not often I get a few minutes to sit and read!! Off to bath Grace ready for bed now! Beautiful cards Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x