Wednesday 7 July 2010

What's on your Workdesk Wednesday?

My desk today is a mess again. I had a busy evening making some vulture's wings for my Son to wear in his School play this month. He is one of the vultures from the Jungle Book and needed some wings. A large cardboard box, some grey lining fabric, a glue gun, several burns and hours later and we have 2 wings which will have to do! They are not perfect but I think we will get away with them!

I received an interesting commission yesterday to make 2 matching albums telling the story of how two teenage sweethearts met to give to them as part of their Birthday presents. I did lots of rummaging through my stash for bits and pieces and papers to use and have settled on Elzybells stamps to help me tell the story.
I have a lot of them and think with some cutting sticking and a bit of altering, I can use them to illustrate the themes. I have a package of bits to take to my 'customer' to show and check I am going in the right direction. I made lots of cards this weekend, there is a pile of new Pollycraft cards on my tissue box which were made with new images yet to be released, they are a bit different and I know you are going to love them!
I hope you enjoy having a rummage around my desk, if you want to see more and maybe share a piccie of yours, please pop over to Julia's blog for more WOYWW fun!
Have a great Wednesday!
Jane
x

28 comments:

  1. Yes, thanks I've had a GREAT rummage today - amazing stuff going on here. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane
    very creative desk, lovely card, so wheres the piccie of the wings?? lol. Oh i wouldnt know where to start with that commission, have good day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats on your latest commission. I hope the client likes what she sees today. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you show the albums, sounds like a great project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards look fab jane :0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a very creative space ... thanks for the rummage lol :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Jane

    you sure are busy! thats a very unique request looking forward to seeing them

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots to rummage in today ... Thank you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my...i like a good crafty mess...but your desk is scaring me today!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely creative mess!
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting commission, I bet you will enjoy doing that one. Will we get to see the result? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done on getting the commission,look forward to seeing them done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you really do need a bigger desk, so much stuff that should be out there in a bigger space,

    I love doing things for teenagers, bet you will really enjoy doing your commission - they are amongst the most creative off the wall people on earth, and when you please them - well , you really will feel the reward

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes - making things for kid's plays, glad I don't have to do that any more! Looking forward to the new Pollycraft designs - can't wait to see your cards - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're going to show us the albums when they are finished they sound such a good idea
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would have loved to see your little vulture wings :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a busy desk. The commission sounds really interesting, good luck with that.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have had a lovely snoop around your busy desk - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards on the right, the colours look lovely, nicely co-ordinated. Very creative desk. Have a lovely evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love visiting your desk it always looks so busy...Congratulations on your commission work.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. that sounds like a nice project to have! you've got a nice and busy desk!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your latest commision hun :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely busy desk there - have you seen that Elzybells are closing down and have 50% off sale on?

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Elzybells characters sound perfect to me - what a cracking job you'll make of the albums Jane. Love the image on the cards (new ones, I guess from what you've said). Gosh you're busy agaiN!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really enjoyed my visit. That pile of cards looks gorgeous.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an interesting project you've embarked on. I'd like to see the finished article!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow a lot going on fab cards
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x