Friday 16 July 2010

A Happy Life heart hanger

I received a wooden heart blank from Julia recently and have been wanting to alter it and make it into a hanger for a while. I decided the Happy Life sentiment from the Adventures in Happiness kit available from Make the Day special would be perfect to embellish the heart.

I first cut strips of tulle which I sewed a running stitch through to created a ruched frill which I stuck to the heart with my glue gun. I drew around the heart on to ledger paper to make a shape to cover the front and back of the heart and distressed the edges with inks. I then stamped my sentiment before sticking the heart shape to the heart blank. I added a string hanger and embellished with flowers, ribbon, buttons and pearls.
Make sure you check out all the new stamps at Make the Day Special. Unity are now making Cosmo Cricket stamps and Emily has 3 new adorable sets available!
Have a great Friday.
Jane

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jane, great altering!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that stamp is perfect...love your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x