Tuesday 13 July 2010

Two special albums, all finished!

Those of you who read my WOYWW post last week will have seen that I had just received an interesting commission from my Friend. Madeleine wanted 2 books made up, one for her Son and one for his girlfriend to tell the story of their Summer as they started going out together in May.

The covers of the albums are different. I made the albums 6x6 inches by cutting my own chipboard and used mostly Papermania papers to create the pages.
I inked the edges of all the pages and the covers and I bound the albums using my Bind-it-all.
I used an invitation from the party where Freya and Cathal met as a focus for my first page.
This page shows them waiting for their 1st proper date. I used bits and bobs to represent their hobbies. All the stamps I used are Elzybells but I had to chop and change a few of them around to fit the 'story'.
The page on the left is their first date and the other page is to represent a visit to Freya's and a walk in the woods where there is a castle.
They watched the England Algeria match at Cathal's and went to a party together in Twyford. These two pages are my favourites...

A day at the Henley Regatta with Friends.
These pages show their plans for the summer.
The last pages are different as they are both celebrating their Birthdays soon.

And that's it, I really enjoyed making these albums even thought they took me ages and had me tearing my hair out at times! Madeleine was delighted with them which made it all worth it :-)
Have a great Tuesday!
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. Well done Jane on such a brilliant job! Well yeah, that request would have sent shivers through me but youve done so well!

    They are fab and just think, many years ahead their kids could be looking through them!! Aaaaah!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, this is just spectacular! I love all the little things you thought of! Wow, they are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are fabulous & what lovely keepsakes :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jane this is amazing andso much work gone into it. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x