Saturday 17 July 2010

Squigglefly release day and Christmas in July!

It's release day for Squigglefly today and you are going to love the new images this week! I had a play with some of the new images and also made my first Christmas card for this year.
The first image is Golfing Girl by Cheryl Alger. I created a little scene using My Mind's Eye cloud paper which I got from the Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn. I love cloud papers and this one has a lovely textured and the reverse side is a great green which is perfect for grass. I sewed around the edges of my cut out pieces to add definition and then coloured and cut out the image.

I used an Elzybells stamp which actually says tea-riffic and inked the words I needed leaving a space for some Prima letter stickers to spell out my sentiment. I added the image to the card with foam pads and the golf ball was stuck on with glue and I added glossy accents. As a finishing touch, I added a bow topped with a button and a small gem.
It does feel a bit early to be talking about Christmas already as I have not yet been on my Summer Holidays this year but I couldn't resist making a card with this adorable Rollie Ollie Santa by Mark Hicks which is also part of this week's release.

I made a very simple little card by matting and layering Basic Grey Christmas paper onto red card and stitching around the edges. I coloured the image with Promarkers and cut it out adding Flower soft to his beard and suit. I stamped a sentiment and cut it out with a Spellbinders tag and tied a charm to it with Bobunny double dot ribbon. Such a cute and quick card to make, I will be making many more of these in the months to come.
I hope you have a great Saturday and don't forget to check out all the new Squigglefly releases!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Jane, these are both so adorable! I absolutely love how you used the cloud paper for the sky! I adore the stitching you did on both of these, and your little charm and flower soft touches on the second card are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These card are both gorgeous Jane, I love that new image by Cheryl Algar & the santa card is so cool :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x